Add a little magic to breakfast by toasting leftover slices and slathering them with butter or cream cheese.
Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France – a few of her culinary favorites. She’s passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, “We’ll have what she’s having.”
Best Ever Gingerbread
♥ Staff Favorite – Winner of The Ginger People Cook-Off.
A classic quick bread with a delicious trio of ginger. Earthy ground ginger complements our pungent Minced Ginger and spicy-sweet Crystallized Ginger. A sprinkling of crystallized ginger on top adds an irresistible ginger crunch. Also known as Terrific Triple Gingerbread.
- 1-3/4 cups (225g) unbleached all-purpose flour (unbleached plain flour)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarb of soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped, lightly packed The Ginger People® Crystallized Ginger, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (caster sugar)
- 2 tablespoons The Ginger People® Organic Minced Ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350° (175°C). Butter or coat with cooking spray an 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch (21x11cm) loaf pan.
- Stir flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the Crystallized Ginger. Add remaining to the flour mixture.
- Beat butter, sugars and Minced Ginger in large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Sprinkle reserved Crystallized Ginger over batter. Press lightly into batter. Bake until loaf is well browned and pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Let stand in pan 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.