Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France – a few of her culinary favorites. She’s passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, “We’ll have what she’s having.”
Candied Ginger Bacon
Spicy-sweet ginger brings out the best in bacon. Who knew? Bacon can get better? Yep. Looking for a creative garnish and delicious treat to serve with Bloody Marys? Here you go!
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon slices
- 1/2 cup The Ginger People® Organic Ginger Syrup
- 1/2 cup The Ginger People® Organic Crystallized Ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange bacon slices on a rack that fits over the baking sheet, using two racks and pans if needed.
- Combine Ginger Syrup and Ginger. Spoon evenly over bacon strips. Bake until bacon is crisp and slightly caramelized, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from rack to serve.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.