Sweet Ginger Croutons
2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
2 tablespoons (30g) The Ginger People® Ginger Spread
3 thick slices French bread (3/4-inch, 2cm), cut into cubes (about 4 cups, 150g)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) Stir butter and Ginger Spread in a large saucepan on medium heat, just until melted.
3) Add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet.
4) Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Check and stir several times to prevent burning.
Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France – a few of her culinary favorites. She’s passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, “We’ll have what she’s having.”
Carrot Ginger Soup with Sweet Ginger Croutons
The combo of Grated Ginger and Ginger Juice layers just the right amount of spice to this creamy soup. Ginger-spiced croutons are a creative finishing crunch.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced (1/2 cup, 80g)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch (1-2cm) chunks
- 2 small (4oz/120g) parsnips, peeled and cut in1/2-inch (1-2cm) chunks
- 2 tablespoons The Ginger People® Organic Grated Ginger
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) The Ginger People® Organic Ginger Juice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream (pouring cream)
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro leaves (coriander)
- Snipped chives
- Crème fraiche
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan (4 quart-size, 3.5L) over medium heat. Add shallots and ground coriander. Sauté two minutes.
- Add stock, carrots and parsnips. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Stir Grated Ginger and Ginger Juice into vegetable mixture.
- Puree mixture until smooth with a hand-held blender, or in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan; add cream and heat through.
- Garnish with crème fraiche, fresh cilantro and chives, if desired. Serve topped with Sweet Ginger Croutons.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Check and stir several times to prevent burning.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.