Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France – a few of her culinary favorites. She’s passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, “We’ll have what she’s having.”
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (about cup)
2 tablespoons The Ginger People® Ginger Juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender (Vitamix works best), and process until completely smooth.
2. Serve ginger dressing over your favorite rice, grain or poke bowl.
3. Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator. Keeps for a few days.
Chickpea Rice Bowl With Carrot-Ginger Dressing
Vegetarian – yes, but oh-so satisfying. I’m a carnivore but enjoy a vegetarian meal now and again. The dressing is amazing – don’t pass it up. Beautiful, fresh, healthy. If you need protein, just add tuna or salmon poke.
- 1 box chickpea rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup trimmed and roughly chopped snap peas
- 4 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup The Ginger People® Sushi Ginger
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Lime wedges
1. Cook chickpea rice according to package instructions. Strain, rinse and set aside in a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a blender. Process until completely smooth.
3. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add frozen edamame and cook for 3 minutes, then add snap peas and cook for an additional 2 minutes. When edamame and snap peas are fork tender and bright green, drain well.
4. Divide rice, edamame, and snap peas among 4 bowls. Add chopped cabbage, Sushi Ginger and avocado, divided as well. Drizzle lightly with carrot ginger dressing and place a lime wedge in each bowl. Finish with a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.