Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France - a few of her culinary favorites. She's passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, "We'll have what she's having."
Ginger Pecan Peach Cobbler
One bite of this Southern-inspired desert and you’ll be transported back to carefree childhood memories of over-ripe peaches exploding with flavor, their syrupy juices dripping down your chin. Top it with a scoop of ice cream and bask in the nostalgia of the final days of sweet, sweet, summer.
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup white or cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ to 1 teaspoon The Ginger People® Organic Minced Ginger
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose white flour, or gluten-free replacement
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cup cold unsalted butter or butter alternative, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- Pinch of salt
- Cane or turbinado sugar, optional
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving, optional
- The Ginger People® Crystallized Ginger Chips or The Ginger People® Fiji Ginger Syrup for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and Minced Ginger in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter and mix with a fork or your hands until just incorporated.
- Slowly add the milk until crumbly. Gently mix in the pecans.
- Pour the peach mixture into a large baking dish.
- Drop the topping by spoonfuls over the peach mixture. Sprinkle with cane sugar.
- Place the baking dish on baking sheet to catch any spills. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned and the filling is bubbly and fragrant.
- Serve warm and top with a scoop (or two!) of vanilla ice cream, Crystallized Ginger or Fiji Ginger Syrup.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.