For a gluten free option, replace the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour plus one teaspoon gluten substitute (such as xanthan or guar gum). Instead of baking powder, add 2 teaspoons cream of tartar.
Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France – a few of her culinary favorites. She’s passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, “We’ll have what she’s having.”
Ginger Spice Pancakes
These warmly spiced pancakes have all of the classic flavors of gingerbread. Ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg – oh, yum! Experiment with buckwheat or whole wheat flour if you like. Serve these flavorful pancakes with warm Ginger Syrup and butter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups milk, plus more as needed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons The Ginger People® Organic Ginger Spread
- The Ginger People® Organic Ginger Syrup
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, butter and Ginger Spread in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry; stir gently just until lumps are nearly gone. If the batter is too thick, stir in 1-2 tablespoons milk as needed. Batter can be used immediately or for best results, let stand 1 hour before baking pancakes.
- Preheat electric griddle to medium heat. When a drop of water flicked on the surface sizzles and evaporates quickly, the griddle is ready. Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray or brush with butter. Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and the pancakes are golden underneath, 1-2 minutes. Flip pancakes over and cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a warmed plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot pancakes with Ginger Syrup.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.