Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France – a few of her culinary favorites. She’s passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, “We’ll have what she’s having.”
Ginger Zucchini Fritters
These are the most delicious fritters – fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside. Ginger juice and the nutritional yeast boost the flavor. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner appetizer. Lovin’ the chickpea flour.
- 2-3 small zucchini grated (about 2 cups when packed)
- 6 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons The Ginger People® Minced Ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- Mayo or sour cream (optional)
- The Ginger People Sweet Ginger® Chili Sauce (optional)
1. Shred or grate zucchini. Place in sieve to drain. Wrap zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze out liquid.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then mix into zucchini. Mix in Ginger Juice. Let mixture rest for 10 minutes.
3. Form 9-10 small patties.
4. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Reduce heat to medium and add patties to skillet. Flatten patties slightly. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Serve with mayo or sour cream combined with Sweet Ginger Chili Sauce, Sriracha or your favorite sauce.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.