For a flavor twist, substitute 5-spice powder, cinnamon or curry powder for the cayenne pepper.
Recipe by Deb Aitchison
Lover of cozy dinner parties where she can present her tried-and-true recipes, Deb Aitchison has a no-fuss, simple but stylish approach to healthy food and believes its about a joyful celebration of eating well and living well. Adding ginger to many of her favorite recipes elevates the flavor and creates a vibrant, new dish. Her mantra: Explore, experiment, enjoy.
Super Simple Ginger Party Nuts
Ginger-sweet meet salty-spice. A simple go-to recipe for party snacks and gift giving.
- 1 pound unsalted mixed nuts
- 3/4 cup (120g) The Ginger People® Crystallized Ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30g) sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup The Ginger People® Organic Ginger Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine nuts, Crystallized Ginger, sesame seeds, salt, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl.
- Heat Ginger Syrup in small saucepan over medium heat. Pour warm syrup over nut mixture and toss well to evenly coat.
- Arrange nuts on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until nuts are golden brown, about 15 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. Cool completely before breaking into bite size pieces.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.