Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France - a few of her culinary favorites. She's passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favorite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, "We'll have what she's having."
Mix things up by adding lavender syrup or garnishing with fresh mint leaves.
The 20/20 Cocktail
Start your night right with this tried-and-true centuries old pairing—gin and ginger. Ginger enhances gin’s botanicals, letting you taste more of its herbal brightness. We’ve added carrot to round out this refreshing drink with a sweet earthiness and suggest using Wheyward Spirit for its oaky notes.
- 2 ounces Wheyward Spirit *
- 1 tablespoon The Ginger People® Ginger Juice (given the original calls for fresh ginger, do you think it needs this boost?)
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce The Ginger People® Ginger Syrup
- 2 ounces fresh carrot juice, or juice blend of your choice
- 1 bunch tri-colored carrots (optional, for garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice. Shake well, strain into a glass over ice. Recommended glasses are highball or coupe glasses.
- Garnish with thinly sliced tri-color carrots and carrot tops.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.